Sunshine Coast is one of Queensland’s most popular tourist destinations. The population of the urban areas and metropolitan areas is just over close to 500,000, making it the 9th most populous city in Australia. The region is subtropical and warm. If you are moving to Sunshine Coast for a job, it is likely either in the tourism industry or for a business in Maroochydore, which is the business, commercial, and retail hub of the Sunshine Coast. The beautiful beaches on the east coast, the Glasshouse Mountains to the west, and the Hinterland make it a great place for vacationers looking for a variety in their holiday. It is located on the coast 100 km north of Brisbane. Even though it is a popular tourist destination, it is not as loud or crowded as Gold Coast.
Sunshine Coast Map Photo Credit: BobinOz.com
Sunshine Coast Photo Credit: BobinOz.com
Maroochydore Photo Credit: Wikipedia
Renting a Moving Truck in Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast Moving Truck Map Photo Credit: BudgetTrucks.com.au
If you are moving to Sunshine Coast, you might be picking up and/or returning your rental truck in Sunshine Coast. There are 3 Budget Trucks locations in the Sunshine Coast Region. You can hire a truck in Sunshine Coast, pick up a moving truck from the Noosa location, or hire a truck in Maroochydore.
Places to Consider Living within the Sunshine Coast Region:
Sunshine Coast Map Photo Credit: Google Maps
Map of the Sunshine Coast Region Photo Credit: BobinOz.com
- Noosa (Fashion Forward)
- Coolum (Kid Friendly)
- Maroochydore (Business Centre)
- Mooloolaba (Best Beaches)
- Caloundra (Urban and Suburb Mix)
- Maleny (Hinterland Village)
- Montville (Hinterland Village)
- Mapleton (Hinterland Village)
Specialties of Sunshine Coast
Mount Beerwah in the Glasshouse Mountains Photo credit: Wikipedia
The most famous destination in the Sunshine Coast is probably the Australia Zoo. It was mad famous as the home base of Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter. Still today it is probably the best zoo in the world. His family still runs the zoo and his legacy continues. The other special destination in Sunshine Coast is the “world famous” Eumundi Markets. They are open Wednesdays and Saturdays until about 2pm. Locals also know that the markets are not just for shopping for arts and crafts, but are also great for food, music, and entertainment.
Sunshine Coast Climate
Sunshine Coast Weather Photo Credit: BobinOz.com
The Sunshine Coast has a sub-tropical climate that is similar to other cities on the east coast of Queensland like Brisbane and Gold Coast. High temperatures during the summer can reach 37° C and it is quite humid, with humidity levels reaching 71%. In the winter, temps can drop to an average of 10° C. So, as you can see the temperatures are moderate and overall pretty comfortable with no major temperature swings between the seasons.
Tips for Moving to Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast Photo Credit: SunshineCoast-Australia.com
These are some general moving tips and advice if you are moving to Sunshine Coast, or anywhere in Australia. The important thing is to plan ahead, get organised, and don’t wait for the last minute.
- Make sure your passport is valid and up-to-date. Obtain a visa if you are going to need one.
- Get an international free email address so that you will be able to keep in touch. Checkout Gmail Yahoo, or Hotmail.
- Connect with a relocation agent to help you find a job and a place to live.
- Start going through your clothing and other belongings to see what you can sell or giveaway before it’s time to pack.
- If you are moving from another country, check the compatibility of your appliances. Australians uses voltage 220-240 volts.
- Start to inventory the items you are taking and see if you have receipts for those items.
- Start getting quotes for renting a moving truck or hiring a moving company and decide which one is best for you.
- Ask about the cost of moving insurance. This is based on the value of the things you are taking.
- Take pictures of everything you are moving, especially the more expensive items to keep a record for insurance purposes.
- Make a checklist and a calendar and stick to them.
Latest posts by Shari McConahay (see all)
- May Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part Two) - May 16, 2017
- May Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part One) - May 2, 2017
- April Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part Two) - April 11, 2017