If you are planning on moving to Sydney, there is no shortage of help and information online about it. There are sites dedicated to expats moving to Sydney from other countries. They help with tips about an international move, which is very different from moving from another part of Australia. There are also sites that help with information about moving to Sydney from other areas in Australia.
Photo Credit: Wikipedia.org
Why Move to Sydney?
Sydney has so much to offer. It is the big metropolitan city, close to the beach, and also not far from nature and the outback as well. Some of the big bonuses when moving to Sydney are:
- Plenty of public transportation is always available. It is an easy city to get around.
- A variety of options when it comes to places to live in the city. Rental and purchasing options are everywhere.
- Sydney is very big in diversity. There is a multicultural presence in the city, its people, businesses, and eateries.
- Sydney has a stable economy.
- There is always something to do in Sydney, and a wide variety of options at that. Whatever you like to do, you can bet that you can do it in Sydney and surrounds.
- Sydney is a great city to raise a family in. It has great schools and is made up of many different village communities that are ideal for families.
Tips for Moving to Sydney
Here is a collection of tips and websites that will help you out if you are moving to Sydney:
- If you are planning on buying or renting a home in Sydney, the site Domain.com.au has great options for either.
- Temporary housing or accommodations are definitely abundant as well.
- If you have an option, moving during the summer – from January until March is the best time because that is when a lot of people who were renting for holiday will be moving out.
- Rent is often listed by week, so don’t let that confuse you.
- If you need to find a new doctor, www.docfinder.com.au is a great resource.
- The 3 major telephone providers are Telstra, Optus, and Vodaphone. Remember that you get what you pay for. Telstra is usually more expensive, but you will quickly notice that it also delivers the best service and connection.
- There are a few internet service providers that offer home internet service. The choices for ISPs are: Internode, iiNet, and iPrimus.
- If you are wondering about the cost of living in Sydney and the different pricing options, This site is very comprehensive: sydneymovingguide.com.
Things to do in Sydney
Sydney has so many diverse things to do. Even if you live in Sydney for years, you will constantly find things to do, events to attend, and places to venture to on weekends and holidays. Here are some of the top things to do in and around Sydney:
- Visit one of Sydney’s many beaches.
- Catch a concert or event at the world famous Sydney Opera House and walk through Darling Harbour.
- See the city from a different perspective: climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Explore Australian Wildlife via the Taronga Zoo, Manly Sea Life Sanctuary, or Sea Life Sydney Aquarium.
- Visit the many museums in the city.
- Head west to the mountains for a cool getaway.
- Visit Wollemi National Park and witness the plants that come from the Jurassic Period.
Head north to explore the Great
Latest posts by Shari McConahay (see all)
- May Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part Two) - May 16, 2017
- May Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part One) - May 2, 2017
- April Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part Two) - April 11, 2017