Perth is a growing city and is a popular destination to move to in Western Australia. It is the 4th largest city in Australia by population with about 2 million residents. Even though much of Western Australia is not populated, Perth boasts a big city life. Rugged and rural destinations are not far away; however other populated cities are quite a distance.
Perth Skyline Photo Credit: Wikipedia
Hiring a Moving Truck in Perth, Western Australia
Perth Moving Truck Rental Map Photo Credit: BudgetTrucks.com.au
There are a few moving truck hire locations in Perth to make it convenient to pick up your truck and move your things. Some of the truck hire locations include Perth City, Perth North – Balcatta, and Perth South – Fremantle. There are different moving trucks and vans available for rental. Ask for special deals and plan for one way or return trip rentals depending on your needs.
Moving to Perth
Perth City Photo Credit: BobinOz.com
Perth Weather Chart Photo Credit BobinOz.com
Perthies are known for being laid back and having a great attitude. The weather is temperate with mild winters and warm sunshine the rest of the year, which is great for the beautiful nearby beaches. One of the first steps when moving to Perth is to narrow down where you want to move by picking a suburb. There are so many, you might need to choose based on where you want to live versus how much of a commute to work you are willing to make. The suburbs span from Two Rocks in the north to Rockingham in the south. To the east, you have The Lakes, and the port city is Fremantle. There is the city centre business district and also some of the first settled areas were right on the Swan River.
Perth can be broken down into five main areas:
- Inner Perth – including City, Inner North, Inner South, Inner South West, Inner East and Inner West
- North Perth – including Northern Perth and Outer North
- South Perth – including Outer South, Outer South West and Fremantle
- East Perth – including Outer East
- West Perth – including Western Perth
Perth Moving Tips
Perth City Skyline Photo Credit: Wikipedia
Depending on if your home or apartment is ready when you arrive, you may need to make plans to rent temporary housing or stay in a hotel. Many of these moving tips also depend on if your belongings are being moved by you from nearby or if you are migrating from a longer distance and might have to wait for your belongings to arrive. In some cases, you might need to hire a car to get around for the first few weeks before getting settled in and seeing what type of a vehicle you want to purchase.
- Plan to stay near your place of work until you have time to get your bearings and learn the lay of the land.
- Get school registrations sorted out ahead of time. This way, if you do have children, they can start school as soon as possible without having to fall behind. You should look into both state and private schools to get a total scope of the available options.
- Research mobile phone providers and choose one as soon as possible so that you can communicate with your family, work, and have a way to contact new friends and acquaintances.
- Always keep lists of things you need to do.
Latest posts by Shari McConahay (see all)
- August Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part Two) - August 10, 2017
- August Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part One) - August 5, 2017
- Hiding Eyesores Outside Your Home - July 29, 2017