Coffs Harbour is a city in New South Wales located on the coast and is a popular half way point between Sydney and Brisbane. It is 540 km north of Sydney and 390 km south of Brisbane. The region is known as the Bananacoast because Coff’s Harbour’s economy used to be based almost solely on bananas. Now, tourism, fishing and blueberries have eclipsed the banana industry for Coffs Harbour, but bananas and product are still important factors.
Coffs Harbour Photo Credit: (Wikipedia) By Graeme Cameron – Wikipedia anglophone, CC BY-SA 3.0 https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=1771528
Coffs Harbour Marina Panorama from Muttonbird Island By Binarysequence – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=35199354
Coffs Harbour Climate
Coffs Harbour Climate Photo Credit: Wikipedia
Coffs Harbour has a humid subtropical climate. The sunny city averages 122.1 clear days each year, which is more sunny days than Brisbane or Cairns. The winters are generally mild and dry which is quite pleasant. The average lows during winter range between 8 °C and 9 °C. The summers are humid, warm, and rainy. The average high temperatures during summer range between 24 °C and 26 °C.
Lifestyle in Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour Images Photo Credit: CoffsCoast.com.au
Catamarans on Jetty Beach in Coffs Harbour Photo Credit: VisitNSW.com
Coffs Harbour Photo Credit: CoffsCoast.com.au
Snorkelling in Coffs Harbour Photo Credit: VisitNSW.com
One of the overwhelming themes when reading about moving to Coffs Harbour and the Coffs Coast is the lifestyle here. It is laid back and relaxed. It is very different from living in a big city. The beautiful scenery definitely helps to serve as a reminder of all the fun things to do here on a regular basis. The CoffsHarbour website offers up a New Residents Pack to download. They also have information there all about local life including education, healthcare, economy, workforce, community, cultural facilities, sports, and community groups.
- Education: Coffs Harbour offers some excellent education opportunities beginning with a variety of primary and high schools, private schools; and two TAFE campuses. Secondary education is also available here from Southern Cross University and their Marine Science Centre. Musical education is available at Coffs Harbour Regional Conservatorium.
- Healthcare is available from the Mid North Coast Local Health District and local hospitals. They offer a wide variety of services. Healthcare is also available at the community health care centres.
- Residents can get into culture with the Coffs Harbour Region Museum, Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery, Bunker Cartoon Gallery, or the Jetty Memorial Theatre.
- The city provides a website CoffsConnect.com.au to help connect the community members together for groups and sporting teams.
Coffs Harbour Attractions
Coffs Harbour Big Banana Fun Park Photo Credit: BigBanana.com
Of course, the ocean and beaches are Coffs Harbour’s number one attraction. In addition to them, there are other fun things for residents and visitors to do. The Big Banana theme park is one of the top attractions in town. It features fun for the whole family with rides, games, mini golf, laser tag, ice skating, and a water park. The Coffs Harbour Jetty, Solitary Islands Marine Park, Orara River at Cochranes Pool, Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour Regional Botanic Garden, and Muttonbird Island are all favourite local places to visit. There are a number of National Parks, Nature Parks, and Nature Reserves surrounding Coffs Harbour including:
- Bellinger River National Park
- Bindarri National Park
- Bongil Bongil National Park
- Cascade National Park
- Coffs Coast Regional Park
- Dorrigo National Park
- Hayden Dent Nature Reserve
- Junuy Juluum National Park
- Moonee Beach Nature Reserve
- Nymbol-Binderay National Park
- Solitary Islands Marine Park
- South Solitary Island Marine Park
- Ulidarra National Park
- Yuraygir National Park
Hiring a Moving Truck in Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour Map Photo Credit: Google Maps
Coffs Harbour Truck Rental Map Photo Credit: BudgetTrucks.com.au
When you are moving to or moving in Coffs Harbour, Budget Trucks makes it easy, convenient, and affordable to hire a moving truck or moving van. There are two Budget Trucks locations in Coffs Harbour, one in the city, and on at the Coffs Harbour Airport. Plan ahead when you are moving and visit our website to book early. Make sure to take advantage of the moving truck rental specials we run on a regular basis. For some tourist and travel ideas while living in Coffs Harbour, check out some blogs from our sister site: Budget.com.au:
Dorrigo National Park Skywalk Photo Credit: VisitNSW.com
Crystal Falls in Dorrigo National Park Photo Credit: Wikipedia
Tips for Moving to Coffs Harbour, NSW or any City in Australia
These are some general moving tips and advice if you are moving to any city in Australia. The important thing is to plan ahead, get organised, and don’t wait for the last minute when you are moving.
- Make sure your passport is valid and up-to-date. Obtain a visa if you are going to need one.
- Get an international free email address so that you will be able to keep in touch. Checkout Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail.
- Connect with a relocation agent to help you find a job and a place to live.
- Start going through your clothing and other belongings to see what you can sell or giveaway before it’s time to pack.
- If you are moving from another country, check the compatibility of your appliances. Australia uses voltage 220-240 volts.
- Start to inventory the items you are taking and see if you have receipts for those items.
- Start getting quotes for renting a moving truck or hiring a moving company and decide which one is best for you.
- Ask about the cost marine insurance. This is based on the value of the things you are taking.
- Take pictures of everything you are moving, especially the more expensive items to keep a record for insurance purposes.
- Make a checklist and a calendar and stick to them.
Here are some other city spotlights we have covered for other cities in Australia:
Latest posts by Shari McConahay (see all)
- August Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part Two) - August 10, 2017
- August Truck Rental Deals and Special Offers (Part One) - August 5, 2017
- Hiding Eyesores Outside Your Home - July 29, 2017